We’re looking for an experienced Donation and Sales Manager to join our team in our ReUse Warehouse! If you’re ambitious, a self-starter, and want to work with a social enterprise dedicated to transforming lives and supporting a strong community and Minnesota’s environment, we would love to chat with you!
Job Title: Donations and Sales Manager, reporting to the President and CEO
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota
Type: Full time, Exempt, Some weekends required
Better Futures Minnesota is an ambitious social enterprise creating change on three levels. First, we support and fuel the aspirations of men who want to make changes in their lives and pursue a better future. Second, we aim to change the policies that have locked these men out of mainstream society and locked them into a perpetual cycle of violence, dependency, unemployment, homelessness, and incarceration. Third, we work to change the practices that intentionally or unintentionally discriminate against them.
About Better Futures
Now in its eighth year, Better Futures intentionally embraces high-risk adults living in chronic poverty with histories of persistent unemployment, untreated mental illness, addiction, incarceration, homelessness, and dependence on public services. We view their circumstances as a public health problem that originates in the core hurts, trauma, loss, and violence they have experienced.
We offer an integrated-care model that is anchored in meaningful relationships and a vibrant community experience. The model consists of four fundamental components: stable affordable housing, a job if needed, access to primary and mental health care, and life coaching.
Most of the men we embrace have been isolated for much of their lives; they have never really been connected to mainstream society in the first place. We view their circumstances as a public health problem that originates in the core hurts and trauma experienced by the vulnerable adults we serve. Their lives have been marked by chaos, violence, and loss—experiences that contribute to mental and physical health problems, feelings of devaluation and rage, with its attendant anti-social behavior, and lost human potential. Healing from the trauma of their earlier lives is essential before they can succeed as workers, students, fathers, and community members.
Our healing culture and community are the foundations of the organization. We value:
- The potential of all people
- Meaningful relationships based on trust and openness
- Personal responsibility
- A culture grounded in honesty and integrity
- A focus on achieving results and holding one another accountable for those results
Success on the Better Futures team requires self-confidence, tenacity, and resilient energy. Change, whether it is changing a life time of habits or the beliefs and practices of society, is not easy. We must have the ability to persevere in spite of setbacks.
Achieving Better Futures’ goals can be accomplished only by staff working together across departments. The participants with whom we work face complex issues; we support them most effectively when staff members from throughout the organization work closely together as a team. Better Futures is a learning organization. As we learn what works, what doesn’t work, and what is needed to address these issues, our goals, priorities and practices will change. Flexibility and a commitment to personal growth and development are required.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop accurate and efficient systems for inventory control and sales management.
- Implement inventory system.
- Price new inventory, adjust prices as needed, negotiate prices with buyers.
- Manage inventory by displaying in an organized and attractive manner.
- Market and sell building materials donated or harvested from deconstruction work in a warehouse setting.
- Develop an online strategy and platform to promote our brand and materials for sale.
- Develop sub-market targeted customer groups for specialty items.
- Establish and maintain reselling partnerships with select online sellers nationwide.
- Attend home and other trade shows to promote our products and our work.
- Create promotions and promotional materials such as a newsletter.
- Supervise part-time sales associates and trainees assisting with sales and processing materials to prepare for sale.
- Provide daily performance feedback to trainees.
- Drive truck to make deliveries or pick up materials.
- With Deconstruction Business Manager, tour deconstruction sites to determine materials to be recovered.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Construction or remodeling experience
- Proficiency in the use of social media as a tool for selling goods and materials
- Proven experience in sales of building materials
- Experience motivating and supervising workers
- Experience with establishing and maintaining tracking and reporting systems related to inventory, sales and cost
- Deep knowledge of social media options that can be used for sales and marketing
- Quality oral and written presentation skills; ability to communicate effectively with diverse individuals and groups
- Flexibility and willingness to contribute to the overall growth and profitability of the Better Futures enterprise
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Deep concern for the social and economic issues being addressed by Better Futures
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to develop consistent work processes and to give consistent expectations to work crew members
- Have a valid driver’s license and medical card
- Have or earn a forklift operator certification within 3 months of hire
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. This is a physically demanding job that requires lifting.
Please send resume and cover letter to Dr. Thomas Adams at email@example.com.
Better Futures Minnesota is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its relations with contractors, consultants and prospective employees, and will not discriminate against applicants because of race, creed, color, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sex, or sexual orientation.