Creating change through integrated care
Better Futures Minnesota isn’t a reentry program. We’re a social enterprise dedicated to rebuilding lives through workforce development, and compassionate, trauma-informed care with coaching supports that give men the skills and relationships they need to succeed.ABOUT US
We believe change is a collaborative exercise. A coaching framework rooted in compassion, honesty, vulnerability, and a willingness to learn is essential for building a better future, as is a willingness to commit to change and growth.
If you or someone you know meets these qualifications and is ready to get to work, download our application or get in touch with us about becoming a part of the Better Futures Minnesota community.
Can you commit to our model?
As a participant in Better Futures, success first depends on four commitments:
1. Commitment to the whole team. You are committed to yourself and the entire team working with you to build a healthier, happier life.
2. Commitment to change, being compassionate and patient with that change along the way.
3. Commitment to safety and self-care.
4. Commitment to work, being ready, willing, and able to do it every day.
To become a participant in Better Futures you must also:
1. Reside in Hennepin or Ramsey Counties.
2. Not be charged with adult sex or arson crimes.
3. Be 18 years or older.
4. Be incarcerated and about to be released and working with case workers.
5. Be recently released (90 days or less) and on probation/parole for at least a year.
6. Show a consistent willingness to change, either through victim impact group or other work.
7. Demonstrate a commitment to supporting children and practicing positive parenting.